Thanksgiving Crab Cake Recipe
Here is a great recipe that incorporates crab cakes in your Thanksgiving Dinner. I recently served these Thanksgiving Crab Cakes, featuring cranberry and sage at a party and they were a hit. Please test out this crab cake recipe and let me know if the cranberry compliments the delicate crab cake.
Thanksgiving Crab Cakes- Sage and Cranberry Mini Crab Cakes
This crab cake recipe is serves 4 full size Thanksgiving Crab Cakes or 12 Mini Cakes.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sage
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1 cup crumbled corn bread
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Mix mayonnaise, cranberries, sage, orange peel, pepper and salt in small bowl. Set aside. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in small skillet on medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Gently mix crabmeat and corn bread in large bowl. Add egg, cranberry and celery mixtures; toss to coat well. Shape into 24 small crab cakes. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add crab cakes several at a time; cook about 6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Keep warm while frying remaining crab cakes. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter as needed.
This recipe was originally by developed by McCormick & Co.
I Love Crab Cakes! 50 Recipes for an American Classic by Tom Douglas and Shelley Lance
The Crab Cake Guy’s Recipes
The Crab Lover’s Book: Recipes & More by Mary Ethelyn Orso
Crab Cake Guy’s recommended reading